The IMASA Westrand Branch sponsored by Novartis hosted a CPD accredited Programme REGISTER for Health Professionals at the Azaadville Muslim School Hall in Johannesburg on Saturday 13th April 2019.
With an attendance of over 40 delegates and informative presentations by excellent speakers such as;
· Dr Ahmed Vachiat (Cardiologist): Hypertension to Heart Faillure – New Insights
· Dr Tasneem Mahomedy (Endocrinologist): Reversing Diabetes Naturally
· Dr Abdul Hamid Ismail (Sports Physician): The Importance of Exercise in Avoiding Lifestyle Diseases, Heart Disease, Diabetes & Cholesterol
· Prof Anwar Hoosen (Medical Microbiologist): To Vaccinate or NOT!
· Panel Discussion – Huzaifah Khan [Pharmacist], Prof Anwar Hoosen & Dr Suleiman Hajee [Pathologist): Vaccinations
Thank you to all the Delegates, our Sponsor, Caterer & coordinating team.
The Islamic Medical Association of South Africa [IMASA] – Westrand Branch in collaboration with Azaadville Health & Welfare Association [AHAWA] hosted a medical screening programme on Sunday the 21st July 2019.
With a VERY MINIMAL fee of R10, each patient was fortunate to receive a variety of medical services such as having his/her weight, height & BMI calculated, blood pressure, glucose & cholesterol tested. In addition to this they had a choice of visiting the University of Johannesburg Podiatry team, Optometrists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Dentists.
Our sister organization [Muslim Aids Programme – MAP] conducted HIV testing and counselling and Moulaana Moeneeb Martin [BLS Instructor] offered CPR Demos throughout the event.
17 patients visited the SANBS stand and donated blood whilst, Dr Tasneem Mahomedy [Endocrinologist] & Dr Abdul Hamid Ismail [Sports Physician] had intermittent talks bringing awareness to the public regards; Diabetes, how to eat healthy and the importance of exercising.
Close to 200 patients were screened from 08h30 till 12h30 and the community were appreciative of the services offered.
We would like to thank the coordinating team who ensured that everything ran smoothly and who assisted with making the event a success.
We make dua that our efforts are accepted for the pleasure of Allah AAMEEN