MISSION: To estabish a Care Centre with an Islamic ethos to provide excellent nursing care in a warm and friendly environment,
to the Frail and Elderly.
OBJECTIVES: * Promoting the person’s independence and dignity which will contribute to their physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing upholding privacy, confidentiality, respect and compassion.
* The Care Centre will be designed with technology to provide optimal care and comfort to the residents with trained care givers, nurses and staff in attendance.
* A 24 hour service will be provided to ensure peace of mind to both the resident and their families.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: * Provide assisted care for the Muslim elderly.
* The Muslim elderly who are placed in non-muslim facilities are faced with many problems including a lack of Islamic support and guidance.
* IMA Baytul Nur supports patients within these facilities.
* IMA Baytul Nur has trained caregivers for home-based care and this will be one of the core functions of this project.
THE VARIOUS PILLARS WITHIN THIS PROJECT IN
PARALLEL WITH INPATIENT CARE
* Training caregivers to provide home based and inpatient care with an Islamic ethos.
* Training family members to take care of specific needs of their elderly thereby reducing the burden on our facility.
* Providing support to families for home modification, as well as provide disability aids and other assisted devices.
* Day care – providing family members a safe haven for the care of their elderly whilst at work.
* Short term stay for patients that needed to be stabilized and trained to take care of themselves.
* Step down facility for the elderly that need to recuperate from illness and surgery.
* Medium to long term stay for the elderly that are mobile but need frail / assisted care support.
* Providing exercise and religious support together for residents and day care residents together with their family members where possible.
* Introducing “The Train The Volunteer” concept for new recruits.
* Inclusion of Activities, Health Education, Promotive / Preventative Health and several methods of empowerment for residents.
* Counselling and the provision of motivational, emotional and psychological support to the resident and family members. * Provision of Grooming Facilities / Hair Care/ Massage / Skin Care.
Health support for wellness screening, Physio, OT, Optometry.
BENEFITS TO THE DONOR
This project is an opportunity for the Community to earn Sawaab-e-Jaariya for themselves and their family members by contributing to this much needed facility. Contributions, large or small, will be welcome.
Section 18A certificates are available for donors.
THE ENVISAGED FOUR ROOMS WILL BE OFFERING NAMING RIGHTS TO DONORS FOR THE SUM OF R1M PER ROOM
The current IMA projects emphasize the need for a sustainable model to ensure the viability of the initiative.
The building, furnishing, equipping, staffing etc of the project will be easily supported by the community and service providers.
The operational functions of the project will need unequivocal community involvement in the form of volunteers and donors for continuous support and to ensure viability.
The estimated monthly cost of the project is projected to be R200 000.00
Hence the cost per patient will be R12 500 per person per month to ensure viability of the project.
Manager, Administrative Staff, Care Givers, Cook/Catering Staff, Security, Laundry Staff, General Assistants, Gardener, Nurses, Volunteers including Caregivers, Social workers, Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Doctors, Nurses etc.
Our community usually take care of their elders but unfortunately many families have multiple social and diverse challenges which requires families to look for specialized care. It is evident that in many homes both spouses need to work, hence the inability to take care of the elderly during the hours of the day. The Elderly need to have company as well as share activities and interaction for their well being. Inter dependence within the facility will create a sense of belonging.
Zakat patient paid by IMA Zakat fund or other Zakaat funds. Paid residents that can afford the monthly payments. Donors including Trusts that will fund the monthly shortfall , Insha-Allah
CONDITIONS FOR INTAKE
A formal process for applying to the facility will be in place. Proper checks and balances will be instituted for resident screening. This facility will NOT be an abandoning facility for our elders.
We need your support to make this project a Reality.
Earn your place in Jannah by taking care of our Elders in this Dunya.
You can donate directly to the Care Centre establishment fund :
Account Name: IMA Baytul Nur Trust- Frail Care Facility
Account Number: 62551827474
Branch Code: 222826
For more information or if you would like to donate to this project please contact:
Zakiyah Dawood: 082 468 7121 | Fathima Abdulla: 082 786 0762
IMA Baytul Nur Office: 031 209 7838 | Saliha Haniff: 081 706 4522 | Yasiera M Suliman: 0827286721