MISSION: To establish a Care Centre with an Islamic ethos to provide excellent nursing care in a warm and friendly environment,
to the Frail and Elderly.
OBJECTIVES : * Promoting the person’s independence and dignity which will contribute to their physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing upholding privacy, confidentiality, respect and compassion.
* The Care Centre will be designed with technology to provide optimal care and comfort to the residents with trained care givers, nurses and staff in attendance.
* A 24 hour service will be provided to ensure peace of mind to both the resident and their families.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: * Provide assisted care for the Muslim elderly
* The Muslim elderly who are placed in non-muslim facilities are faced with many problems including a lack of Islamic support and guidance.
* IMA Baytul Nur supports patients within these facilities.
* IMA Baytul Nur has trained caregivers for home-based care and this will be one of the core functions of this
THE VARIOUS PILLARS WITHIN THIS PROJECT IN
PARALLEL WITH INPATIENT CARE
* Training caregivers to provide home based and inpatient care with an Islamic ethos.
* Training family members to take care of specific needs of their elderly thereby reducing the burden on our facility.
* Providing support to families for home modification, as well as provide disability aids and other assisted devices.
* Day care – providing family members a safe haven for the care of their elderly whilst at work.
* Short term stay for patients that needed to be stabilized and trained to take care of themselves.
* Step down facility for the elderly that need to recuperate from illness and surgery.
* Medium to long term stay for the elderly that are mobile but need frail / assisted care support.
* Providing exercise and religious support together for residents and day care residents together with their family members where possible.
* Introducing “The Train The Volunteer” concept for new recruits.
* Inclusion of Activities, Health Education, Promotive / Preventative Health and several methods of empowerment for residents.
* Counselling and the provision of motivational, emotional and psychological support to the resident and family members.
* Provision of Grooming Facilities / Hair Care/ Massage / Skin Care.
* Health support for wellness screening, Physio, OT, Optometry.
BENEFITS TO THE DONOR
This project is an opportunity for the Community to earn Sawaab-e-Jaariya for themselves and their family members by contributing to this much needed facility.
Contributions, large or small, will be welcome.
Section 18A certificates are available for donors.
NOTE: The envisaged four rooms will be offering naming rights to the donors for the sum of R1m per room.