On the Sunday, 28th March 2021, the Islamic Medical Association of South Africa – GAUTENG, Ruya Project and The Balloon Foundation were humbled and overwhelmed by the compassion and care shown by our Healthcare Workers.
A call was made to join us in a much needed service for orphans and less fortunate children who are at a disadvantage at times re: quality healthcare in GAUTENG. The volunteers came in waves when the appeal was made and not only offered their time and services but did it with such passion and love.
Our Allied Healthcare Workers ruled the day with a diverse range of services and managed to screen close to 100 children from 2yrs up to 20yrs of age.
The screenings consisted of:
Thereafter the children were given party packs which brought huge smiles to their faces and spoilt with a delicious lunch at their home.
Our volunteers braved the chilly weather and despite any odds and lack of certain resources they compromised and made it happen!!! They have not only served as a beacon of hope for these kids but they also made each one of them feel like they were in a safe and cared for environment throughout the day
We truly appreciate the professionalism, the punctuality and the quality healthcare services provided. We hope that this is but only the beginning of offering a sustainable health plan for the malaika kids and many others similar institutes Inshaa Allah for HIS PLEASURE ONLY.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO
● The Management at 03 Kotze Street Hillbrow Overnight Shelter for allowing us to utilise their venue
● To the World Memon Organization – Africa Chapter for donating the lunch
● To our caterers who ensured that the kids were completely satisfied with a delicious meal
● To each and every Medical and Allied volunteer for sacrificing their time
● To the UJ faculties who partnered with us
● To our general volunteers from Balloon Foundation & IMASA who ensured that every aspect of the event was facilitated in a competent manner and well-organized
● To the donors for their consistent support and generosity
● To HMA High Risk Security
● To Malaika Home’s Caregiver, Uncle Jumah who selflessly gives of himself every single day to ensure that these children have a place where they can feel supported and loved
And last but not least to our beautiful children. WE HOPE THAT TODAY WE HAVE MADE YOU FEEL SPECIAL AND YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND WE ARE HONOURED TO HAVE BEEN IN YOUR COMPANY AND SHARED THIS DAY WITH YOU.